Grannie Pat

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sun Dogs and all Kinds of Subjects

Did you all see those Sun Dogs Yesterday ?WOW fantastically beautiful, just one more of Gods creations for us to admire. I looked up on line to read more about them , it was very interesting. I won't explain it here as you can look in up for yourselves.
Well I am finally off my sick bed, I had a bad cold and cough. I decided to stay close to my bed for 4 days and medicate myself and stayed home to get well, and not spread it around, it paid off. I am well and energetic, went to work this morning and now home and feeling all ok. I hate it when other have this cold and like to spread it around to others saying they don't have time to lay low. At my age I have to stop and get well. I think that is why the sickness stays with people longer they don't stop to rest and take time to heal. I hear people saying this cold has dragged on for ever. Maybe they are so worn out they cannot get well. I know I slept a good part of each day. Even yesterday I got up about 8AM, by 10 AM I was back to bed and slept till 2 PM. I did manage to clean my front room and change the furniture around to try and make room for the Christmas tree. I have a small front room window and do not like the tree in front of it as it just blocks out the sun we do have in the month of Dec. Still trying to decide where to put it.
Today I will get sign my home made Christmas cards. I have cut my list very short and will only send to sister and brothers and kids.
I think it would be fun to have a cookie exchange with my family and they could all come over and decorate my tree for me and exchange cookies at the same time.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm glad you took the time to rest and get yourself feeling better!

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger wandi said…

    Hey momma. I'm glad you are feeling well. I think if everyone would just stay home when they are sick and sleep( which is what they need) then the cold and flu would not be passed on to others. So many times I am faced with people who are sick and go out and really what they need to do is stay at home and get better. I resent people who go out and spread their germs. Only because I can not afford to be sick and I don't need germs spread to me. Maybe I am germaphobic. But the media is always saying if you are sick stay home and get well. So you did the right thing by staying home and getting better.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I agree with you on staying home, resting and allowing the healing to take place. Smart lady.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home