Grannie Pat

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hooked on Soaps

I too use to get so hooked on soaps., never missing a day of watching , my life revolved around them.When we lived in Surrey BC. mine was the Edge of Night. One day as I was ironing in front of the TV, the Lord spoke to me, it was so vivid. he said you don't need to watch this. That is over 40 yrs ago.I don't know if edge of night is still going. I must admit when my kids were in high school I would watch it with high guilt, on occassions. But the interest was not there. But I have got involved so called soaps Like Bonanza, Little house on the Prairie, Dallas. Now I am hooked on all the renovating shows, I guess one could call Dr. Phil and Opera and all those talk shows soaps, or any thing else we watch. soaps. My Mom it was radio show Dr Pepper Young Family, Ma Perkins, The shadow, whose behind the Green Door , The Whisler. I do notice my interest is fading out on alot of these programs, What is God saying to me.? The question I ask myself do I spend just as much time in the word of God. The answer is shamefully NO. I guess that is why I have become more involved in creative hands on things. I am in the world of quilting once again. I still need to focus on God and his word more. This is my weakness.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I am just curious why you feel that you should read the Bible more. When you own a car you don't read the manual over and over, you just drive it like it is supposed to be driven no?

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Wow Grannie,
    Great answer. I get it. I really do. Good explanation. Very informative.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home